Re: [Roadsters] Misc: Mirrors: rear view/door; Front Grill emblem

To: richard bush <rabush2000@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Misc: Mirrors: rear view/door; Front Grill emblem
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:46:02 -0500
Rick,

I don't recall what year you car is, but I believe the 3 holes above the
center of the windshield are for visors. My 67.5 came with a
center-mounted mirror attached to the top of the dash.

Most of the original emblems were cast pot metal, with later units being
plastic. I don't recall a grill emblem other than the "D" on 2L cars.
The 1.6L cars came with a center emblem that was just a series of bars
as I recall.

The exterior mirrors on my daily driver are after market, and I don't
like them, they look too modern. The mirrors on my parts car look like
originals, but they are pretty rough. I seem to recall that some folks
were using MG mirrors on their cars, hope that doesn't make them leak
oil, or their electrics not work!

We need to get together and take a look at each other's cars. Are you up
for a trip to Lockhart? We are about 30 miles South of Austin. BBQ is
big here, I'll treat you to dinner! My car is waiting for me to do an
engine overhaul, so it can't come to Austin.

Anyone else in the area that wants to get together for dinner, stories
and show and tell?

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake richard bush, On 4/27/2010 6:12 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001