[Roadsters] Trying to decide on an oil

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Trying to decide on an oil
From: Mark Mussari <markmussari@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:13:01 -0700
All,

I've been lurking for a while, but getting ready to change oil this weekend
and have read a lot about oil manufacturers and Datsun Roadsters.  I've come
to see the importance of the right oil and am wondering what everyone runs.
I've read back about a year on the subject, and know some run Royal Purple.
I'm leaning towards that, but PO did not use synthetics, and I've read here
that going synthetic might mean never going back (or is that a myth?).

I've also read a lot of good things about Shell Rotella 15w40.   I had
planned on the Royal Purple 20w50 (Southern California) until I came across
the articles on Rotella and its high zinc content.  I burn a bit of oil
right now, so that is also something to think about for me.  Anyone have
experience comparing between the two?

Thanks in Advance,

Mark
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net