Re: [Roadsters] Ignition voltage or polarity issues

To: <shas1983@netzero.net>, " Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Ignition voltage or polarity issues
From: "dave" <dave@eastcoastroadster.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 00:45:08 -0400
The coil resistance is important.  Can you post or email me the part # you
are using?  Also, a bad condenser can do all kinds of odd things.  Reversed
polarity is generally not a good thing.  What kind of condition are the cap
rotor and wires in?  This can be a big factor in the amount of secondary
voltage needed to fire the plug.  If the voltage requirement gets too high,
the spark will find an easier path to ground, sometimes right down the side
of the coil.  My phone is 908-591-9892, evenings if I can be of any help

Dave Brisco
East Coast Roadster