Re: [Roadsters] OT: "Knucklehead"

To: "Gregory S. Morrison" <gsm@gregorysmorrison.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: "Knucklehead"
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:06:22 -0700
Perhaps you missed the point.

One one hand, I get it.  You post stuff so other members have a shot at it.

But what you also fail to realize is that when you post something like
this to an open forum, the owner gets 100 plus emails, now suddenly the
price jumps way up on the item, Or they decide to go "ebay" it... and
the scenario that someone else eloquently noted occurs.  (that's when
they guy has 1000 watchers, and only 2 people who bid, and the highest
it goes is $600 or so.

So yes, in a way, it IS a "knucklehead move" to post some things on an
open forum, regardless of the intention.

As for "doing other roadster enthusiasts a favor"....  we all know how
well that's received by "the community".  LMAO   The A-arm shafts and
lower ball joint projects illustrated how well the community
"appreciates" when people do  them a "favor".  That's why the community
lost out on brand new roll bars for $200 each, or a slew of other
projects as well.

Again though, posting stuff on an open forum can be a knucklehead move...

Sort of like posting one's email password on an open forum... lol

Eddie

Gregory S. Morrison wrote:
> Eddie- I view it as a courtesy to other List members to advise fellow
> Roadster people of a Roadster for sale - usually from the Spokane CraigsList
> - that they might not otherwise be aware of. In fact, I did so yesterday.
> Some of the most Roadster-savvy people on this List extend this courtesy to
> other List members, and have done so for many years.
>
> No one appreciates being called a "knucklehead" or any other derogatory name
> especially if they are merely doing another Roadster enthusiast a favor. I
> was always under the impression that that was what our Roadster
> List/community was all about.
>
> Greg
> SRL31100494
> Spokane, WA
>

> On 8/17/10 10:36 AM, "Eddie" <eddietude@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> Because every time someone
>> lists anything regarding Roadsters on ebay or CL, some knucklehead has
>> to forward the posting to the entire community, which in turn, results
>> in 100 people calling the seller...
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00