Re: [Roadsters] Alternator options

To: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>, "Datsun Roadster List"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Alternator options
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:06:31 -0800
I had a half dozen old original alternators several years ago and took them
in to an alternator repair shop here in Milwaukee. They all tested bad and
the guy said that if they were later models they would have pressed in
diodes which are much easier and faster to repair. If they have soldered
diodes the repair cost and time is much higher and not worth the effort. I
switched to a 1991 chevy alternator and have never looked back.

Steve