Re: [Roadsters] clutch hydrolic fluid

To: <pat@hornesystemstx.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] clutch hydrolic fluid
From: "Stephen E. Webber" <sewebberlaw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:21:43 -0700
To be more exact:  The clutch slave cylinder on Datsun roadsters sits
outside the bell housing, several  inches away from and below the clutch.
The slave cylinder pushes on one end of a lever, the other end pushes on the
throw-out bearing that releases the pressure plate holding the clutch
against the face of the flywheel. To get clutch fluid on the clutch one
would have to remove the rubber vent cover on the transmission bell housing
and squirt fluid past the pressure plate with the hope of hitting the clutch
beyond.  In other words, unless you are nuts and a lucky shot, no clutch
fluid will get close to the clutch plate itself on a Datsun Roadster.

But black fluid?  It better be changed.  It is easy to do.  clutch fluid is
the same as brake fluid, and the same method is used to change the fluid.

Stephen Webber