Re: [Roadsters] simple measure to set late styile floats on 2000

To: <ppeters914@comcast.net>, Datsun Roadsters send mail
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] simple measure to set late styile floats on 2000
From: Jim In Virginia <wrenchorhammer@live.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:03:28 -0400
What is just as important, I think, is having both carbs set the same.  The
way I did this was pound some nails into a two by four
on an ink line so they were exactly level, and spaced to hang the carbs on
them.  Then I chucked the 2X4 into a vice and put the level on it so it was
level.  Then, I hung the carbs on the nails, so they were hanging at the same
exact level.

Then, you can put clear plastic fuel line to the carbs and carfully add gas
until the float shuts off flow,  then hold up the lines and see if the level
is the same.

You can also watch the level to see if it goes down and how fast to see how
the needle and seat is working

Just my two cents for a little fine tuning on this subject.

Jim
Chesapeake Va
Currently Roadsterless (sigh)

> From: ppeters914@comcast.net