Re: [Roadsters] Flywheel locking tool?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Flywheel locking tool?
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 18:07:08 +0930
On 11/05/2011 2:22 PM, Walter Peterson wrote:
> I was hoping someone had a better Idea.  I need to loosen&  properly
> retorque the front pulley bolt on my R16 motor, while it's still in the car.
>
> I've got a flywheel tool that's great when the motor is on the stand, but
> you can't use it with the transmission attached.
>

> I drew up a tool that replaces the starter and engages&  locks the flywheel.
> The first shop wanted $200 + to make it.
>

> So who's got clever a Flywheel locking tool or trick to do this?
>

> Walt Peterson
>
> Santa Barbara CA
>
> 66 R20 w/44's
>
> LSD&  Big Brakes.
The tool that I use to lock the flex plate in position on an auto. to do
exactly that function is......
a big sucker flat blade screwdriver jammed into the flywheel ring gear
and resting against the edge of the starter hole.
Depending on your agility, you might need an assistant to do the jamming
whilst you do the pulley nut.

--
Regards,
Graeme Suckling