Re: [Roadsters] early 67 roadster switches

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, sumton@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] early 67 roadster switches
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:33:39 +0930
On 6/07/2011 8:35 AM, oliver wrote:
> there are four switches on these cars (light switch, fog light switch,
> windshield wiper switch, and heater switch)
>
> the fog light switch appears to be a simple single throw, single pole
> switch.  no biggie to test.
>
> the other ones, however, have multiple poles and multiple throws.
>
> I have a very nice diagram (thank you slowboy) which helps.
>
> I'd like to test the switches before I move on to testing the various
> items they go to.
>
> can anyone tell me how to test any of them?  the diagram has the poles
> labeled, and where they go, but I'm at a loss as to where to connect
> power, etc, so I can use my multimeter to ascertain if the switches
> are working.
>
> (I received the car in kit form, and have purchased additional
> switches over time, so I don't have the luxury of knowing for sure
> what was working) ________________________________________
>
> datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
>
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/graemes@internode.on.net

I'm in the process of drawing up some schematics which include the
pinouts of the Niles switches with the internal switching matrix for
each switch position.
This info. is based on the wiring for a 1965 SP310 but may be applicable
for other years.

Head light switch: -
Position
OFF.
1.     pin 7,6 and 4 connected.
2.     pin 7, 6 and 2 connected.

Fog light switch: -
Position
OFF.
ON.   pin 6 and 7 connected

Windshield wiper switch: -
Position
OFF. pin 2 and 7 connected
ON.   pin 2 and 6 connected

Heater switch: -
Position
OFF.
1.      pin 4 and 6 connected
2.      pin 2 and 6 connected

All switches are OFF when the toggle points DOWN and pin 1 is at the TOP.
Attached is the rear view pinouts of the NILES type switch.
Note, not all pins are fitted in all switches.
Use a multi meter on resistance test to check continuity.

--
Regards,
Graeme Suckling

NILES switch terminal pinouts.jpg]