Re: [Roadsters] Towing question

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Towing question
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:18:44 -0400
hi steb, well ive flat towed my 69 2000, probably 3-4,000 miles.
there are 2 things: you cant back up( i guess you knew that).
and, when going from road to parking lot, or parking lot to
road, if there is a slope there, sometimes the steering
wheel, in the roadster, will spin all the way to one  side
and stay.  then, you will find your self pulling a tire screeching
roadster down the road. this only happened to me a couple of
times, and it's obvious, so you just go back and straighten
the wheel out. it only happens at slow speeds, and never
happens when going straight.  you have to allow the
steering wheel to turn a little, so it can follow the tow
car around corners.  so, dont be tempted to tie the
steering wheel down, or to use the steering lock.
also, i agree with tying the two bumper brackets together
with a bar, for ridgidity.(triangulate the tow bar)
  bob smith, ohio
p.s., i just noticed you mentioned the drive shaft. here's
good news, NO, you dont have to disconnect the drive
shaft. its a 5 speed, and it will not hurt it, to flat tow the
car.