Re: [Roadsters] Towing question

To: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>, "Datsun List"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Towing question
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:39:17 -0500
I once towed my roadster using the front bumper mounts.  It tried to pass us
going through Hartford, CT!!  And, it nearly succeeded. God bless safety
chains.

I have a better suggestion.  Remove the bumper and mounts.  Take two pieces of
heavy angle iron and drill them to bolt on in place of the bumper mounts.
Take a third piece of angle iron and weld it across the newly made mounts.
Four bolts to change it out and you could suspend the car from it!  This was
done at a truck stop outside of Hartford 35 years ago and I still have it.
Quick, simple, and absolutely bullet proof.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
roadster2@schroeder-family.us
Home page: http://schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900