Re: [Roadsters] Restoring Polyprope plastic (ie windshield washer bottle

To: "Charles Hubbard" <cehubbard@verizon.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Restoring Polyprope plastic (ie windshield washer bottles)
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:33:23 -0600
Charlie,

A lot of times, parts have to be made from scratch.  There's a restoration
shop in Chicago working on a Delage which had been modified.  He had some
photos taken when the car was new -- yes, he tracked down the family of the
original owner -- and used those photos to build new fenders like the
originals.  He put $1MM in the car in a basket, and spent about $2MM to
restore it.  It was invited to Pebble Beach, but got damaged in transit.
Ouch.  Needless to say, he doesn't do Datsun roadsters.

Gary