Re: [Roadsters] Tail lights/Dash lights won't work?

To: Paul Kort <paulsdatsunstuff@gmail.com>, "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tail lights/Dash lights won't work?
From: "Dow, Jerry" <Jerry.Dow@Suddenlink.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:50:49 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: Roadster Stuff <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Thanks Paul, I will give it a check.

From: Paul Kort [mailto:paulsdatsunstuff@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:21 AM
To: Tim .
Cc: Dow, Jerry; Roadster Stuff

Jerry,
  The ground wire is found just under the rear bumper.  Regardless of what it
looks like, take it off and clean it!  Bad grounds are the first thing to check
on these little cars.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to take a Saturday morning to
pull every ground you can find just to clean them BEFORE you have problems.
And while you're cleaning stuff, check all the bull nose connectors in the
trunk.  They have a tendency to turn green which while lucky for the Irish, is
not a good color for connectors.
  The only fuse is in the fuse box.  If you have a meter, check for 12 volts at
the light socket.  And check the bulbs.  Today's replacement bulbs come from
China and are built to their highest quality standards!  (Meaning they are junk
and often don't function straight out of the package)  I think the Chinese
bought a bunch of old designs from Lucas Electric.
Paul
Ohio

Check your grounds and harness connections.

> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 19:50:28 +0000
> Subject: [Roadsters] Tail lights/Dash lights won't work?
>
> My dash and tail lights stopped working.  I checked the fuse and it is
clean.
> Even replaced it.  Is there another fuse somewhere.  Any help would be much
> appreciated.
> Jerry

it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.