Re: [Roadsters] Tail lights/Dash lights won't work?

To: "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Tail lights/Dash lights won't work?
From: Paul Kort <paulsdatsunstuff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:20:57 -0400
Cc: Roadster Stuff <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Jerry,

  The ground wire is found just under the rear bumper.  Regardless of what
it looks like, take it off and clean it!  Bad grounds are the first thing
to check on these little cars.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to take a Saturday
morning to pull every ground you can find just to clean them BEFORE you
have problems.  And while you're cleaning stuff, check all the bull nose
connectors in the trunk.  They have a tendency to turn green which while
lucky for the Irish, is not a good color for connectors.
  The only fuse is in the fuse box.  If you have a meter, check for 12
volts at the light socket.  And check the bulbs.  Today's replacement bulbs
come from China and are built to their highest quality standards!  (Meaning
they are junk and often don't function straight out of the package)  I
think the Chinese bought a bunch of old designs from Lucas Electric.

Paul
Ohio