[Roadsters] Reproduction Rear Leaf Springs Front Bushings Replacement Fo

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Reproduction Rear Leaf Springs Front Bushings Replacement For drained Polyurethane - solved
From: David Bloyer via Datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 07:02:07 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Just to close the loop on this issue for the record and to hopefully help
anyone in the future with this problem, I am sharing the following solution.

I was contacted off list by a member, M. Alsup, who was able to offer up custom
turned 90 â??hardâ?? polyurethane bushing inserts with inner sleeves to my
measured needs.  These were installed easily using generous amounts of Prothane
lube and a large â??Câ?? clamp to â??pressâ?? in place.  My car is back on the
road without having to entirely disassemble the rear end which is a huge plus.
I did one side at a time with a floor jack holding the spring end as it was
lowered or raised out of the mounting position.  Cleaning out the messy
liquefied polyurethane was a supreme hassle, however. The turn time from
â??orderâ?? to delivery was within a week and the quality was excellent. Price
was reasonable knowing that these were custom created.

Mr. Alsup also provides inserts for the torque tube bushings, which I have not
ordered, but feel I should given the positive experience with my specific needs.

So noted for the record.