fot

[Fwd: Wheel advice needed]

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Wheel advice needed]
From: Grand_Wazoo <Grand_Wazoo@mail.flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 16:18:48 -0800
having broken several TR6 wheels while racing my TR3, let me be the
first to encourage you to invest in a set of alloy wheels.  Panasports
are good and I've seen others from various manufacturers that try to
capture the look of an old set of Minilites.  Try the big vendor list
maintained on Team.net for potentail sources.  I could also find the
source I had for the Panasports if you wish.

If you do race on the TR6 wheels for a while, get a couple of spares and
inspect the ones you are running after EVERY SESSION.  Mine broke first
along the rolled crown that is about half way out from the bolt circle
to the rim.  I caught all of them before anything disastrous happened
but the one that was cracked about half way around the wheel before I
saw it really scared the liver out of me.  I am not aware of how one
would strengthen this area without a lot more work than it's worth.