fot

Grumman/Chevrolet 5th Wheel

To: "'Vintage Race'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Grumman/Chevrolet 5th Wheel
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:44:04 -0600
Fellow vintage racers...

If you are looking for a small enclosed rig with tractor....There is a
26'? trailer with tractor cab specialty built by Grumman for the Snack
Food Industry. It has about 18' before the step up at the 5th wheel with
no wheel well intrusion. It is located in Waterloo, Iowa. It is very
nicely done, well built and has some nice features for car applications.
It is white with horizontal stripes. The "Eagle Snacks" signage has been
removed. About 50K miles on the tractor which is nicely skirted in
aluminum and it has an efi v-8 gas engine. The tractor wouldn't be
offensive to drive around, by itself, as a second or third vehicle. I
think the asking price is about 20K...negotiable, I'm sure.

The fleet managers for commercial trucks are usually very demanding and
it doesnt get much better than Grumman, IMHO.

I spotted this accidently....if I had a business application that I
could dual purpose this rig, I would be interested. We have a
TR4...anything this size and smaller seems to be a good fit.

Three of these things were bought on spec by a local dealer. One is
left. Contact: Clay Skinner @ 319.233.3341 (Bill Colwell's Auto-Mart.
(Usual disclaimers)  If anyone has any questions from me, I would be
happy to try to answer them.

Joe Alexander