fot

Re:

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thrunet.net>
Subject: Re:
From: Grand_Wazoo <Grand_Wazoo@mail.flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:57:51 -0800
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> I ran Council vintage events for the first couple of years of my vintage
> racing. I still try to make the Looooong Race weekend in October as
> there's a lot of track time, and a fair amount of "vintage" emphasis,
> but overall, I don't race their events any more. More often than not,
> cars are lumped together in odd groups, with widely varied cars. I was
> racing a 948cc Sprite with Turbo Porsche Carerras and 427 Chevelles at
> Blackhawk Farms where the track is narrow and the runoff areas
> treacherous. No thanks.

Here in Florida we also run a full mix of cars in our vintage group with
the SCCA races.  Frankly, I enjoy it.  We've got everything from Bill
Mazzoni's Chevron to my wife's Beach Formula V.  Usually we field about
15 cars, sometimes 20.  Mazzoni's such a gentleman that he even sets in
the pits for a lap to keep from stealing race time from the slower cars.

Little races occur among the field where cars have similar performance
and no one gets a first place trophy.

I just wish Sandy and I lived closer to the Midwest Council tracks so we
could join in.  I looked at their web-site and some races were very
lightly attended, what a shame.

mike jackson