fot

TR6 Rear Axles & Etc.

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: TR6 Rear Axles & Etc.
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:08:44 +0000
Triumphant Friends:

During a recent freeloading trip to Barnes & Noble (you know - drink
the free coffee, read the magazines, and be on your way) I ran
across an advertisement in one of the British auto magazines for
what they called "driveshafts".

The picture looked a whole lot like a stub axle to me and it was
claimed to be based on Hardy-Spicer components, so (being ever on the
lookout for tricky and expensive solutions to potential TR6 axle/hub
failures) I sent off an e-mail to the manufacturer/dealer. If you're
interested in the subject, the exchange is synopsized below.

For those more familiar with this problem than I (of which there are
doubtless legion), I'd be happy to hear comments and to share any
further information received.

Jim Hill
Madison WI

From: >    Tony Lee >    SNG Barratt