fot

Re: Triumph Thread on Thermostats

To: fot@autox.team.net, "'Vintage Race'"@coh.Coh.ORG,
Subject: Re: Triumph Thread on Thermostats
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 97 18:20:52 pst

Us TR guys on the west coast have about as much heat as it gets.  I have run
Las Vegas in the Summer with ambient air temp of 112F.  I was nuts to do it
but youth and vitality are difficult to deal with.  The car ran absolutely
marvelously.  Nothing special to the cooling system.  I use pure water in the
radiator.  Actually I did not have a thermostat in place.  The Bypass hose
was pluged closed.  I have good duct work and make sure the oil cooler's air
flow does not interfere with the radiator.  But I also use gaskets of my
design that moves water differently than that of the stock gasket.  This may
have some benefit.  I ran that engine for two days that weekend without a
single problem.  Lucky...I guess.  I'm sure asphalt track temp was >112f.

Mordy