fot

single wire alternator conversion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: single wire alternator conversion
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 20:42:14 -0600
I finally went to look at some alternators.  A friendly clerk at AutoZone
let me look through their rebuilts.  I found one from a Geo Metro that
looked like a Nippondenso rebuilt.  It has a large lug terminal marked "B",
but also a 3 prong attachment as well.  It looks like this could be the
right one, but who can be sure. It was $90+ CORE CHARGE.) JC Whitney offers
a rebuilt single wire unit for $90. Am I looking up the right tree?  Can
anyone who actually hooked up one of the single wire units tell me what
specific model it came from and if it was truly a one wire unit when used
in the stock vehicle or just that you only need to hook up the "B" post to
the battery.
TIA

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club