fot

Leather Seals & Synthetics

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leather Seals & Synthetics
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 12:55:01 -0500
FOT

Bill Burroughs just made a point on the compatability of Leather seals &
synthetics on the Triumphs List.

We have the leather inners, on the race car, and we have run one season
with a "blended" synthetic with no problem. I will be watching for a
problem.

I also pulled one axle on the street car last night and put a leather
inner and planned to run the synthetics both as dif oil and grease in
the hubs. Perhaps I should rethink this.  Never occured to me before.
Thanks Bill.

We are just about to head down the road with the TR3 for 6000 miles.
Although it wont stop us if it leaks, it is a major nuisance. Doesnt
help the braking either.

Joe