fot

Re: Commercial Members of FOT

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: Commercial Members of FOT
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:30:09 -0700
Alexander Joseph H wrote:

> A matter of concern: ADDITION OF COMMERCIAL FOT

Joe, I have no problem having Gilanders and/or Shumaker to the list.
However we need to make it known to the members they are listening.  I
recall some negative remarks about one of them showing up, and it could
get embarassing.  On the other hand, the issue can be addressed and
answered right up front by the supplier if they are on the list.
Personally, I have never gotten any good information from Ted (although
I enjoy seeing he and Doris at the track).  Gilanders on the other hand
is directly involved in what we are doing and I trust his info and
advise (at least as much as Glen will let me!!!)

To follow-up on the "mission," I feel safety has to be added as a key
part of what we are trying to accomplish through our development of
these cars for racing.  The axle project is a prime example where
someone jumps in to champion an issue, like Chip, and we all contribute
what knowledge we have, to come up with a better solution than one of us
alone could have.

Thanks Joe for getting this group together and keeping us on the right
track!!

Jeff