fot

Re: Mid Ohio/Gingerman

To: jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio/Gingerman
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 22:23:57 -0400 (EDT)
Wait, !!!There is hope!
Last I heard, Ed Ceilley was planning on Mid Ohio. So there's one more.

+An update:
The Spit's on the road to recovery. I will have the frame back on Friday.
Seems when you stuff an axle into the pavement at 70 it puts a 1/4" twist in
the support tower. (Remember that the next time any of you think of doing
this at home!) I have all the front suspension pieces, much thanks to The
Roadster Factory. I have only two NOS bonnets left  in the loft, after that
it's time to tap into the 6 used ones. The rear fender I had NOS in the
loft, and the drivers door may be savable. It even comes custom contoured to
fit ribs! (I should change that, it was not a period option and SVRA will
probably question it's authenticity.)

In case any of you wondered, no I was never, nor will I ever be married to
any individual named Susan.

So, just one question to all of you. Why did so many of us decide we needed
to test rollbars lately? Was it the moon or a comet?

Best of luck to you all.
Russ Moore
Spitfire #49