fot

Triumph axles

To: friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph axles
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 08:53:07 +0000
If you are not a TR racer, delete now.

The heavy duty axle shaft project is progressing pretty well, but we
desire some input.

The TR4A solid axle cars used axle shafts that had a shrunk-on collar in
place of the machined shoulder that locates the bearing. We are
examining the pro's and con's of such a design. If we used that design,
machining cost would be less and heat treat zone could be expanded
making the axles even more indestructible than our current evolving
design. Our concern is whether or not the shrunk-on collar would stay in
place under racing conditions.

Does any one have real life first hand experience with this particular
axle?