fot

Re: SIR/cooling

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com
Subject: Re: SIR/cooling
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:21:09 -0400 (EDT)

<< I have a three ring binder with all travel info...will copy your note
 and include as a reminder to look for Terry & Joan.    ...what is the
 "rubber chicken"?
 <snip>  I was afraid that you would ask!  A number of West coast (?)
racers decided to form a loose "team" and decided to have the ID of
a rubber chicken, the neck and body of which hung from the trunk
lid seal.  A number of these people were my friends, and otherwise
seemed, at times, normal :-).

 The oil cooler went from a verticle side mount location to the front of
 the radiator, when I put the head lights back in for the "vintage
 effect"(SVRA wants to see those headlights).

 I am tempted to pull the one headlight out and remount the cooler where
 it was, for the "former" Chicago Historics.  The radiator is a stock
 early TR4 with the long filler neck trimmed back...no crank hole.

<snip>  This is what I ran for years before going to a lighter one

 Cannot duct air to the carb per vintage rules.....
<snip>  I'll bet you can leave a hole in the carb side of the rad. ducting
infront of the carbs.  It would be for cooling the starter motor and
brake line to the frame, of course.  If it is higher up, it will help to keep
the voltage regulator cool, and often overlooked item  :-)

 Believe me, cooling was no problem before. I knew it would bump the temp
 up some, but this looks marginal now. Back to the drawing board.

  Joe, (IMHO)
put the oil cooler back where it was and try internal ducting or have
it low enough to get air around the headlight.  Ducting is the answer.
      Good cooling in advance    Hardy