fot

Re: FOT Listing & Two More Nominations

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: FOT Listing & Two More Nominations
From: baxter Culver <102247.2323@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Jul 97 01:35:21 EDT
Hi ---
caught the nomination  to FOT.   which I believe is Friends of Triumph?    Or? ?
Okay, so what does that entail?    I am, of course, flattered and awed by being
in the company of Hardy Prentice (fastest Triumph driver alive) and the
legendary Ken Gillanders  (he who makes them run fast).   The others I am not
familiar with and would need bios (references not required, they are of Triumph
stock--'nuff said).    As to the legendary (but aging) infamous Peyote Mk II,
it has been summoned again to the Monterey Historics;  there to play with the RS
this and the RS that.    I don't mind  dealing with Dr. Ferdinand, but Colin's
MK 15 rockets are awsum.   And it is unfair, isn't it?    How those
quarter-million $, factory-built racers can be harrassed, challenged, and
occasionally beaten by this conduit-framed, tractor-powered, low-budget,
backyard special called a "Peyote"?       In the back of my mind is the thought
of putting Hardy Prentice in Peyote at the Historics---certain Porsche people
would never recover.      In any event, I accept the nomination to FOT--without
knowing what IT IS.