fot

RE: TRans mount ramblings...

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: TRans mount ramblings...
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:49:36 -0500
The faster we went the faster rear mount would go...especially with the
extra weight of the overdrive. It gave some warning with the u joint
rubbing against tunnel. A bit hair raising at the Kink at Road America,
tho.

After consultation with Bob Wismer we did the following:

1. Fabricated two "L" shaped tabs and bolted them on either side of
transmission mount for lateral support.

2. Filled the gap between the upper & lower mounting plates with rubber
for added vertical support.

No more problems encountered since then.