fot

Close Ratio Gears

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Close Ratio Gears
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 10:23:27 -0600
One of our new FOT, John Houlton, reported a catalog appearance of a
close ratio gear set by a supplier in England.

I also encountered another TR racer in October who had made some calls
to another British Triumph supplier who said, "how many sets do you
want". I have been setting on this information until I got something
more concrete.

John sent me a section of the catalog that included this information and
the price list.

It says....CLOSE RATIO GEAR SETS - TR2-6 - USES 1" INPUT SHAFT

The price sheet says 400 lbs....with the current exchange this is about
$700.00, I believe...plus shipping.  The price list is dated October
1997.

I believe John is placing an order....This seems quite attractive when
compared to an earlier effort in developing a custom gear set. Perhaps
John will elaborate on his experience.

Cambridge Motorsport
Tel:  +44 1767 677123
Fax: +44 1767 677026