fot

Amici Triumphi-Regalia

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Amici Triumphi-Regalia
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:52:49 -0600
Good response on the last posting regarding the development of FOT
regalia.

A couple things to tidy this up a bit.

If you are new to the list...we are planning to do shirts and decals
with a logo developed by one of the FOT members. This is strictly
voluntary. This organization only exists in the minds of the members.
"No dues, no board of directors, no meetings, no back biting, no
need.... Just friends"

The term "AMICI TRIUMPHI" is latin for "Friends of Triumph". This is a
nice touch and another offering of logo artist G. Petrolati.

Regarding proposed changes to the artwork of the LOGO...the return on
this inquiry was largely to: #3. "Leave the sucker alone and let's get
on with it."  So be it.

I wanted to test the water a bit and see how serious folks wanted to be.
As long as we understand that this LOGO is based in subtle self effacing
humor among ourselves, we are OK.

Initiating the inventory of regalia, I propose that we start with:

DECALS: Self sticking mylar type...about the size of the badges on
sports car badge bars or the decals used for VSCDA. About  3", in
diameter, I believe. These should be pretty cheap in quantity and some
folks are interested in 10 or more.

POLO SHIRTS: It seems everyone has all of the "T" shirts they want....I
do. A nice quality collared polo shirt is what folks want.

SUPPLIER: We are going to get one quote from someone who knows who we
are and what we are about and there will be some other quotes for
comparison.

I have a spread sheet started. Based on the above, please let me know
your quantities, for quotation purposes:

How many decals will you likely want?

How many polo shirts will you likely want?

Have your heart set on something different than above? Tell us.

Some have already provided the number(s). Unless you want to change
something, I have those numbers entered.

SCHEDULE: I mentioned before it would be nice to have this thing wrapped
up before Spring. Of course some of you guys have a 12 month racing
season....

I expect to have some good order numbers into the supplier by January
and get a quote back by the first of February. The supplier can tell us
what the delivery schedule can be. I would guess 6-8 weeks by the time
everyone gets a firm order in.

Some are very excited and are talking patches, mugs, hats,  etc.

Like I said before, the idea was initiated in California, executed in
Illinois, cordinated in Iowa, and supported by almost everyone else.
Thank you

A lot of good friends have been developed from the Bradakis supported
list and cemented some existing ones. I guess this is an opportunity to
revel in those friendships without making a real big deal out of it.
(Somewhat more low key from our good "Team Thicko" friends)

AMICI TRIUMPHI, forever.