fot

TR3 Fiberglass Fenders

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: TR3 Fiberglass Fenders
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:34:52 -0500
Hi Bill,

When I first bought my TR3 in 1994 it came with fiberglass fenders.  The
first season of vintage racing got me a few comments from other vintage
racers regarding the "non-original" body work, but none of the sanctioning
bodies, SVRA, HSR or VSCDA said a thing.  After my first "roll-over" I was
all prepared to install another set of fiberglass "wings" when SVRA came out
with an article in their newsletter saying that "non-original" body pannels
would be prohibited.  So, I ended up searching for, and finally installing
original steel fenders.  SVRA is the most stringent of the orginizations I
race with in terms of period authenticity.   I doubt that HSR would give a
"hoot" as to what fenders I used.  I don't know about VSCDA, but doubt they
would hassle me about fiberglass.

So, if you need some additional fiberglass "wings" I have a set and could
get them to Texas for you real quick!

Later,

Jeff