fot

Modified Gearbox

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Modified Gearbox
From: Malaboge <Malaboge@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 14:39:45 EST
Sorry if some of you receive this twice, but it seems to have gone to the
electronic netherworld...

FOT Folks-

Well, progress on the GT6 is going slowly (darn life keeps gettin the way of
the important stuff...), but I'm about up to seriously lookin at options for
the gearbox. Since the SCCA gods say we can use any 5 speed, I went lookin for
one. A Toyota Corolla box looks like an easy swap, but I just don't know
anything about the box. Anyone have any experience with the unit, or know
anyone who does ?

If that box is too fragile, a Celica box looks like it could be coaxed in
there, but it's gonna be a squeeze.

Experiences, thoughts, opinions, lies ????
      Nick in Nor Cal