fot

TR gearbox compatibility questions

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR gearbox compatibility questions
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:30:28 +0500 (EST)
I'm betting someone here will know the answer to this. In contemplating
the resurrection of my Triumph 2000 Mk.1 (albeit not in time to make it a
tow vehicle for this year's events), I'm wondering if the OD unit I have
currently attached to a TR4 gearbox could be adapted to the gearbox of my
2000.

Specifically, I'm wondering if the mainshaft of the TR4 gearbox will fit
in the gearbox of the 2000. My understanding of the 2000 is that the
gearbox is more or less TR4, but with a Vitesse[!] 1600 input shaft. I
don't know about rear mount configuration, either, but I'll settle for
addressing one question at a time.

Thanks!

--Andy