fot

Re: Exhaust Header

To: vinttr4@FORBIN.COM, friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Header
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 18:06:51
At 04:17 PM 4/2/98 -0500, Jack W Drews wrote:
>I may have to purchase a new exhaust header for my TR4.
>
>What's the best one to buy?

I'm quite happy with the one that I got from Ken G.  It fits
really well and seems to be a quality piece of work.  The Monza
that I used to have is not worth much.  I had high hopes for the
Kirk header that I bought two years ago, but it was even worse
than the Monza.  It hung about an inch and half below the frame
and required extensive grinding to even get it to mount up.  So
I'd suggest avoiding both the Kirk and the Monza.
John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu