fot

Re: Exhaust Header

To: vinttr4@FORBIN.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Header
From: JHarkness <JHarkness@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 20:33:26 EST
Jack, I've been using the stainless steel unit offered by the Roadster
Factory.  Has held up very well compared to the mild steel headers that seem
to rust through every two years.  I doubt, however, that it generates the most
power.  Have not done the calculations, but have looked at cars like Mike
Jackson's and Hardy's.  They have long primaries, ending in a collector way
down below the starter.  My primaries are short and enter a collector about
midway down the side of the block.  Haven't dyno'd, so can't say for sure
what's better.   But I generally go for the reliability anyway.  I'll be
interested to hear what you end up with.   Regards, John Harkness