fot

Roller rocker thanks!

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roller rocker thanks!
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:21:19 -0500
Hi all!

I am sorry this has taken me so long to get around to, but I suffered a
neck injury last week pushing (of all things) an MGB belonging to my
boyfriend.  It's not too bad, just a hard muscle sprain, but I woke up
Tuesday morning and couldn't get out of bed!  Fortunately, the therapist
had shown me a way to roll out, back when I had my lower back injury, so
it didn't faze me for long.  Couldn't drive for a couple of days, so I
was at home away from the computer (the one at home is temporarily
down), but now am almost fully recovered.  Whew!  Of all the stupid
things...

What I really want to say, is THANK YOU!!!! to everyone out there who
responded to my roller rocker question (probably almost everyone on the
list!)!!!  What I got boils down to:

- Rollers are not legal in vintage.

- Rollers are good for helping with the last fraction of a second your
competitor is beating you by (and you are a proficient driver driving
90-100% already).

- Rollers are EXPENSIVE!

- Rollers won't break as easily as the stock ones, but that *could*
cause more major problems if something gets overstressed.

So, after all of the advice (especially the legality point! :), I
decided to stay with the stock ones.  Incidentally, the competition
machine shops in town I talked to about working the head, all tried to
get me to buy rollers without even finding out what my driving situation
was.

Thanks to all of you who responded.  I really appreciate the wisdom,
since I am still developing mine, and have a lo-o-o-o-ong way to go.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

(Owner of a GORGEOUS GT6 dash -- thanks Joe and Sean!)