fot

Re: Misc. info

To: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Misc. info
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:00:34 -0500

Richard Taylor wrote:

> Amici,
> Here are a few of more misc. TR-4 questions.
> 1.  In what RPM range would one expect to find peak hp for a 282 degree cam?

Peak hp moves somewhat with valve opening and flow, as well as overlap.
However, this cam should peak at about 6000. Comfortable driving range is 3500
- 6000. Probably pull best at 4500 - 6000.

> 2.  What is the cc displacement of the 89mm pistons?

86 mm = 2.14 Liters
87 mm = 2.19
88 mm = 2.24
89 mm = 2.29

> 3.  What's the skinny on 2" dia SU carbs?

I rather doubt that they will help much but I may be wrong about that. The flow
bench data I have seen indicates that the primary restriction to flow in the TR
engine is the valve and that varying the carbs, manifolds, etc changes the
total flow by very little. However maybe somebody else has seen better
data.They are illegal for vintage racing because stock bore was 86 mm and the
SCCA allowed .040 overbore, which is approximately 1mm giving 87 mm.

--
uncle jack the carfrek
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer