fot

Vintage Prep States...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Vintage Prep States...
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 23:56:35 EDT
Weekend Warriors-

I know there are more than a few "Vintage" racers out here, so what's the
consensus on the levels of prep for a decent Vintage TR these days ? I gather
that the level is definetly beyond the "take off the muffler and windshield"
stage, but how far has it gone. Will a '70's kinda setup get the job done (big
bars, stiff springs, solid bushings and stiff lever shocks), or are most of
the cars running Penske style coil-overs one-off suspension uprights and
adjustable a-arms ?
I could scrounge around my shop and come up with enough pieces to make the
former, but hate to start down that road toward the latter.
My experience with the "Vintage" group has consisted of seeing maybe two races
in the last ten years from the spectator area, so I have very little insight
as to "how things are" in the pits.

Never thought I'd think about racin again...
        Nick in Nor Cal