fot

john kelly

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: john kelly
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 23:58:00 -0400
Sad news.  tonight about 8:30 pm est, john passed away. his fiancee,
susann miller, her sister, my wife and myself were with john at the
end.  he suffered major cardiac arrest the previous saturday during a
vintage race at mid-ohio.  there were reports of john being slumped over
the wheel before he reached turn 1.  john had no injuries from the
accident.  tonight the racers lost a racer and those of us that were
fortunate enough to know john lost a friend, a true competitor and a
gentleman.  i was privileged to race against john and also to have
co-driven some pro races with him.  a memorial service will be held
later this year.  tomorrow morning i need to make many phone calls so
please forgive the rather impersonal venue of the list, but many of you
had inquired.  ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive