fot

Countdown to BRIC-South Paddock

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Countdown to BRIC-South Paddock
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:23:01 -0500
Final Confirmation: From the Valley of the Great Unwashed.

John Houlton has, by this time Tuesday, has roped off the entire length of
the fence line in the South Paddock plus a second row on the hedgerow.

By Wednesday, the Amici Triumphi hospitality tent, donated by Bill
Dentinger, will raised along the fence line. Essentially this is a first
come first served deal....no rules remember. However it would be nice if we
could keep the fence line clear of huge vehicles and trailers and largely
dedicate the area to canopies and cars. It is up to you, of course.

Thursday afternoon at about 4:30PM there will a special monument dedication
ceremony honoring one of our illustrious FOT members, "Whirling" Wismer. The
editor of the Deere & Company Annual Report will on hand to cover this
important event for inclusion in the next Annual Report. Following, perhaps
even during the ceremony, there will refreshments served along with some
offerings from Grande` Cheese and Swiss Valley Farms. Beady Eye Racing is
the "driving" force behind this historical event. Almost brings tears to my
eyes.....Hostas will be planted around the monument by Uncle Jack's Racing

Friday is "get serious day" with most of us qualifying in the afternoon.

Saturday we get to be heroes, (if our Triumphs & Sprites are still running)
but almost as important there is a late afternoon catered reception in honor
of the Amici Triumphi and a few of our selected friends, such as Team
Escargot and Team Thicko.

Mordy Dunst & Family are the primary sponsors of this activity....any
contributions in addition to the catered food and California Wine, will be
accepted. We can talk about in more detail when we all get together. Special
thanks to Mordy and his family.

There is some discussion about amplifiers and guitars and joyful noise.
There may be slide projectors and video equipment.  There may also be BBQ
grills and sweet corn....this may all happen on it's own, but may also
depend on how vicious the mosquitoes are as well. We will see....let the
good times roll, for Sunday will dawn with engines silent for group
2....unless you are running the enduro, of course.

Bring large cans of OFF to repel the State Bird of Wisconsin for this
segment of the program.

I'd mention some of our special guests, but since we are all pretty special,
I'll pass on that.

See you there.