fot

Re: Engine Rebuild

To: n196x@mindspring.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 22:19:02 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/98 4:52:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
n196x@mindspring.com writes:

<< I have just finished putting together my TR-4 engine.  It was a complete
 de-mating of every last piece (except the cam shaft bearings) of the block.
 The head stayed in tact.  Starting with all of the pieces scattered all
 over the place, it took 24 man hours to get it put together ready for dyno
 testing.  In retrospect this seems like an ungainly long time.It only took
 a third that long to take it apart.  I'd be interested in hearing what the
 norm is for the engine assembly process.  Any rules of thumb?
 Richard Taylor

<SNIP>   I take about two weeks to freshen my TR3 motor.   That is
if I can put in  at least ten hour days,  seven days per week.

               Regards,           HP