fot

RE: Engine Rebuild

To: "'Catpusher@aol.com'" <Catpusher@AOL.COM>,
Subject: RE: Engine Rebuild
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:19:23 -0400
My last "from scratch" engine took several months. Maybe, 120 hrs. It was
assembled and dissasembled at least a dozen times to check and set
clearances. Everything was "blueprinted". Setting rod clearance alone took
about 8 to 10 hours. Rocker geometry, oil pump clearance, deburring the
block, setting ring gaps, crank end float, bearing clearance, liner
protrusion....the list goes on.

The pros want 16K for a scratch build on a TR engine. Maybe half of that
healthy sum is labor and machine work.

Chip

.<SNIP>   I take about two weeks to freshen my TR3 motor.   That is
if I can put in  at least ten hour days,  seven days per week.

               Regards,           HP