fot

Happy in Hudson

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Happy in Hudson
From: susan <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:12:27 -0500
Hi all!

I wanted to say hi and thanks to everyone I met/met again/whose car I
drooled over at the VTR Hudson meet.  It was really great to put faces
with the names I have been tapping my keyboard to -- Joe Alexander (nice
hat!), uncle jack (tall drink of water), Bob Bownes (could'a talked all
night), Irv Korey (I was looking for folks, not wine!), Chris K. (taller
than I thought), etc., and to see friends like Andy, John and Val, Bob,
and mjb again.  (If I left you out of this, please pardon me and my
feeble brain!)  Congrats to all of you guys who took awards!  You did
great!

 I trailered Elliott the street Spit from Dallas with a convoy of 3
other rigs, and we had SUCH a blast!!  Tristan the race Spit had his
heart surgery put on hold until I have a definite job in hand, but
Elliott and I were rarin' to go, and enjoyed the heck out of the
GORGEOUS countryside and especially the weather!  It was very hard to
keep the rig on the road back to Dallas as the temps climbed and climbed
on the way home -- it kept wanting to make a U-turn and go back!

I got myself into trouble, too -- I am now coveting Jim Hill's
lethal-looking TR6, and am starting to think about doing something
similar (if you don't mind, Jim, that is...).  It is the darkest green
before being black, with cut-down windsheld, and looks like a Bonneville
racer.  (Insert appropriate Tim Allen sounds here.)  Absolutely great!

I was happy to see the other racers there too, and was delighted to
spend some time with Jack and Joe, hearing about their BRIC exploits and
their racing histories.  Houlton's TR4 drew a crowd as it brapped its
way into position for the concours, and the Ambro really was a
crowd-pleaser.

I am glad to be a part of the noble tradition of competitive Triumphs,
and am very pleased that those others involved are such great people.
Thanks for the time taken with me, and for answering my myriad questions
so readily.  (But next time let me know when the meeting is! ;)  I hope
to see ya'll again soon!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)