fot

Re: BRIC

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Subject: Re: BRIC
From: "Mordecai Dunst"<mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 98 13:05:58 -0800

     Jeff has some nice words (thanks) BUT  he seriously underscores how
     incredibaly well his car is prepared and presented.

     I had a TR3 ("garage doll") that was featured in Motor Trend in a
     three page pictorial several years ago and it was a pauper compared to
     his.

     My trip to Elkhart Lake was a long one but well worth it.  I was a bit
     undergeared wishing to change to a taller rear end but just was not
     motivated enough to do so.  In comparison to tracks on the West Coast
     such as Sears Point or Laguna Seca (which are much shorter) RA has the
     distinction of being much faster and somewhat more forgiving.  Laguna
     Seca clearly has some drastic elevation changes  yet doesn't have the
     "kink" after the carousel.  I personally like turn thirteen the best
     -driving hard under the bridge shifting into fourth on the way out.
     This was fun.

     I did drive the enduro on Sunday.  My starter seemed to malfuntion
     just after fueling for this feature and I had to push start it at the
     fuel station.  I let the Motor Idle for the entire pre-grid time, ran
     the entire enduro and let the motor Idle for 1.5 hours after the
     feature without shutting the motor down! (I was afraid I would not be
     able to restart it)   My unwritten goal for a successful weekend is to
     have the car drive onto the trailer after the last event.  I did it.

     What a great group of Triumph guys and gals.  Thanks for a fabulous
     time.

     Mordy