fot

RE: Triumph Bikes

To: BillDentin@AOL.COM
Subject: RE: Triumph Bikes
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:03:19 -0700
Don't misunderstand me, I'm a bike fanatic--much more so than cars. I
own a 1950 Vincent Black Shadow, a 1958 Matchless G80CS, A 1972 BMW
R50/5 cafe racer, a 1962 Honda 150 dream, a 1998 Ducati 916, Two 1959
BSA Goldstars (a Catalina and a Clubmans DBD34), a 1987 Suzuki GS1100E,
a 1998 Honda XR600, a 1976 Yamaha 360 MX, and now a TR6. A lot of my
bikes I've owned for twenty years or more. My first bike was a 1958 BSA
A10 that I bought when I was seventeen--34 years ago. If I don't count
the two Lambretta 175tv scooters I had before the BSA (and who would
want to).

I love Triumph motors, but I don't like the flexy frame, the indifferent
and the general way Triumphs handle--and I've got a lot of company, thus
all the classic Tritons--a Norton featherbed frame and a Triumph engine
with all the 60's classic cafe racer stuff.

No, I'm not going to do that to my TR6, though it's tempting. It's a
fairly well restored original that I got from a friend.

I'm going to use the Honda 150 Dream as my pit bike, as soon as I repair
the damage my daughter did running it out of oil (stuck a piston,
slightly damaged a con rod small end and wrist pin). Should be
perfect--it's goofy looking, electric start, skinny wheels, stodgy, and
silly fun to drive. Sounds a lot like my TR3A.