fot

Re: Castrol R

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Castrol R
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 22:42:59 +0100
Bill Babcock wrote

> I used to put a little castro R in the gas tank of my cafe racer
> motorcycle to get that great smell. No, it wasn't a two stroke--there
> was no function other than smell. So even if there's a nefarious plot
> afoot we can defeat it easily--all you need is about two teaspoons in a
> five gallon tank for a delightful castor miasma.

Bill, I never had a cafe racer - but the Castrol R smell bit me at an early
age.

It has stayed with me ever since - and I did the same as you. Put a few
drops in
the fuel tank. As I said the tank in question wasn't in or on a racer - but
my father's
lawnmower, and I was about sixteen.

John Macartney