fot

RE: GT6 Tuning Advice Sought

To: "'Barr, Scott'" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: GT6 Tuning Advice Sought
From: "R.M. Bownes III" <bownes@emi.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:29:39 -0400
> it's turning the back of the car black and putting out much less than
> its rated 79 horsepower.

As far as I can tell, that's pretty normal! :-}

> Given a budget of $2000 or so for the engine (machining and
> parts), what would you buy?

I'd buy a set of HS4's, a decent cam, and if the pistons are the low
compression versions, higher compression pistons.

> I've already got a set of Carrera coil-overs (300#/in.) and poly
> bushings that Ted S. was kind enough to obtain for me, so that's my
> starting point on the suspension.

Pay some attention to the rear suspension as well. Spax or Koni adjustables
are the way to go back there. You might want to look @ lowering the rear
suspension as well by placing an aluminum lowering block between the spring
and the diff.

Bob (who, after a week of driving the m Coupe has got to put his GT back on
the road...)