fot

Re: More TR3 suspension & axel/hubquestions

To: EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: More TR3 suspension & axel/hubquestions
From: mikee@ragtops.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:15:22 -0400
From:                   EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date sent:              Sat, 17 Oct 1998 10:37:43 EDT
To:                     fot@autox.team.net
Subject:                More TR3 suspension & axel/hubquestions

> You may recall that I started this dialog inquiring about changing to a TR4
> front suspension, and I got recommendation about moving into a TR6 instead.
> Any of you TR3 guys using TR6 ? Any problems - installing, operating, with
> sanctioning bodies ? Preferences ??? Any pitfalls to installation ?
>
>  Since the end of "season", has anyone had a chance to assess their axel/hubs
> performance ? Finally, has anyone tried justifying a change in the entire rear
> end of the TR3 for safety reasons? [It seems justifiable]

FOT,
   I am also interested in this. The Italia has a TR3 chassis. I also have a
good
TR4 chassis. The TR4 chassis won't fit under the narrow Italia body, but I'd
like
to add the rack and pinion steering to the TR3 front suspension if I can. Any
thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Michael Engard
1970 Rover 3500S
1961 Triumph Italia 2000 GT
1975 Ducati 850 GT