fot

Re: "Friends Of Triumph" Newsflash

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Friends Of Triumph" Newsflash
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:47:33 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/98 11:17:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com writes:

<< All that know Bill Dentinger will understand his selection as the first
 recipient of this memorial.  Selection of the next recipient will be at his
 discretion. (There are no rules in the FOT)  >>

Amici:

First...THANK YOU for the honor.  I am not worthy...but then you know that.
Of course, I will treasure the award for the next year, and then without rhyme
nor reason, select the next recipient.  I think all who know my style, already
fear that such action will spotlight both FOT's need for rules, as well as
their value and function.  Again.  THANK YOU!

<< As a long term driver of his historically correct early TR3, Bill is also
in
 partnership with Bob Wismer with a Triumph powered "production car" known as
 the Thunderbolt. Congratulations Bill Dentinger!!!

YES, and as CO-owner of the TR3 powered TORNADO THUNDER BOLT it pleases me
that the award is tied to Bill Ames and his Triumph based Specials.  I have
raced against Bill Ames (and his cars) on more than one occasion.  He was my
kind of people, and may God rest his soul.

I do take exception to the barb, however, that our T-Bolt is not a "production
car."  I notice the SHOT.  Bob Wismer and I have stacks and stacks of Tornado
brochures and data sheets, which will verify the fact that the T-Bolt (in all
its glory) is a "production car" We are also in a position to verify its low
run...ONE (-1-).

But never you mind.  Joe Alexander failed to mention what else I received at
the presentation.  I also received the old rings out of his TR4.  I have been
passed by TR4 #197 enough times to know those rings are very SPECIAL.  I can't
believe he gave them up.  Those old rings are going into the THUNDER BOLT for
my watch next season.  WATCH OUT #197!

Thanks again.  Especially to Joe Alexander (who my older daughter Peggy thinks
is nice looking...for an old guy).  She said that!

Bill Dentinger