fot

Re: "Friends Of Triumph" Newsflash

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Friends Of Triumph" Newsflash
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 19:08:41 -0700
Congratulations Bill!  One of my favorite TR guys.  He and his usual
cast of paddock mates are so much fun that I begged to paddock with them
this summer even though it was without my TR.

Detinger is so humble that even tho he sent me a report of that race
weekend, he failed to mention this particular honor.  I'm sure it didn't
slip his mind, the honor is just to great for that.

I also had a chance to race with and hang out with Bill Ames in the last
few years.  A real gent and wonderful guy.  His Ambro was one of the
prettiest little cars I've seen in quite a while.

I commend the selection committee for their wisdom.

mike